Depending on the device and current trade-in offer, we accept devices that have cracks on the camera lens, screen, back and front panels at a lower trade-in discount.
Note: The cracked device offer must be selected at time of purchase. Failure to do so will cause the device to fail triage inspection and a chargeback will be applied to the original payment method.
The device must also meet the trade-in requirements:
- Power on and hold a charge.
- Have a functioning display.
- Belongs to you and not on a banned list by a carrier.
- Factory reset and cleared of data with anti-theft locking software disabled (if applicable).
- Have an FCC ID to show its certification for use in the United States under applicable FCC regulations.
To see if your device is eligible for the cracked trade-in offer, you can check our Trade-In Offers page to see the value of your cracked device.
Important: Before trading in your phone, make sure to remove all personal information and accounts, and perform a factory reset. This will help Samsung to process your return even faster. You can find instructions and short videos on how to do this on Samsung’s Device Trade-In FAQ page.